- Pictures of a size less then A4 can be scanned. Scan preserves all colors and details of a picture. You can easily use it later for uploading to Internet and printing.
- Take a photo of your picture outdoors during day time. Artificial light at home is not enough to take a quality picture.
- Disable flash. Never use flash for picture shooting as it illuminates some parts of a picture more than needed.
- Disable time and date display.
- Use a tripod. It will help you to avoid the effect of shaking hands.
- The camera has to be directed to the center of the picture and strictly perpendicular.
- Do not take a shot from a very close distance. Fix camera few meters from the picture and zoom it.
- Before taking a shot, make sure that no shadows drop on the picture.
Fujifilm FinePix S1800 12.2 MP Digital Camera with 18x Wide Angle Optical Dual Image Stabilized Zoom
and 3-Inch LCD
Canon PowerShot SX20IS 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.5-inch Articulating LCD
Nikon Coolpix L22 12.0MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Black)